- Botanical Nativity Art Exhibit @ MMOFA - 706-485-4530 - www.mmofa.org
- Hospital Auxiliary Love Light Tree Reception @ Heritage Hall - 5:30pm - 706-342-4644
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Holiday Concert @ MMCC - 8pm – 706-342-4743
- Holiday Collection Christmas Bazaar at The Steffen Thomas Museum. For more information, visit www.steffenthomas.org
- 30th Annual Town & Country Holiday Tour of Homes. Step into a winter wonderland as you celebrate the season with a holiday favorite, The Town & Country Holiday Tour of Homes. With daytime and candlelight itineraries, this event is not to be missed. For more information and ticket information, visit www.madisonga.org
- Free Community Holiday Concert @ MMCC - 7pm – 706-342-4743 - www.mmcc-arts.org
- Friday Night Family Time at Crooked Pines Farm. Each Friday from 5 - 8 p.m. visit the Farm and enjoy a delicious cup of hot cocoa while roasting s'mores around the campfire. Evening includes an elf workshop, 'sleigh'-hayrides and fresh Fraser firs. For more information, 706-347-0274 or www.crookedpinesfarm.com.
- Christmas Rush Classic Road Race. A downtown race offering varied distances of 5K, 8K, and 1 Mile Fun Run. For more information, contact Rusty Ewing at 706.342.4900 ext. 21
- Stepback. An authentic early 1900's town, Stepback, will host a free Christmas open house from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14. Visitors may tour at their own speed through a community of 20 buildings including a general store, cabins, grist mill, church, school and black smith shop all authentically furnished. Stepback was built to show how people lived more than 100 years ago. There is no entry fee. Stepback is located about four miles south of Eatonton, off Highway 441 south at 176 A Dennis Station Road then follow signs.
- Holiday Parade followed by Caroling By Candlelight. Bundle up, ‘baby, it’s cold outside’ - Join friends and neighbors for our annual Holiday Parade and Caroling By Candlelight celebration in Town Park from 5:30 – 7:30. An evening full of music and holiday spirit brought to you by Madison Main Street. Local church choirs, school choral groups and bands, and community based musicians will perform holiday carols certain to warm our hearts. Performers will also lead the crowd in familiar carols to extend the holiday cheer. www.madisonga.com
- Santa and Sweets Event. Crooked Pines Farm's Santa and Sweets Event will be from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. within The Barn and will include opportunities to decorate cookies and have one-on-one time with Santa. Pictures with Santa will be taken and a flash drive will be made for parents to take home. This event is $20 for the first child, $15 for each additional child and is by reservation only. Call 706-347-0274 to schedule a time slot today!
- Christmas on the Avenue. 4 & 6 p.m. Come enjoy this annual holiday performance by the church choirs of Eatonton's North Madison Avenue. It's free but you must have a ticket. Please call or visit The Plaza Arts Center to reserve your seat, 706-923-1655 or www.theplazaartscenter.com.
- Friday Night Family Time at Crooked Pines Farm. Crooked Pines Farm was founded on the concept of bringing quality events to the community that allow families to create lasting memories. Each Friday from 5 - 8 p.m. visit the Farm and enjoy a delicious cup of hot cocoa while roasting s'mores around the campfire. Evening includes an elf workshop, 'sleigh'-hayrides and fresh fraser firs. For more information, 706-347-0274 or www.crookedpinesfarm.com.
- The Waterside at Cuscowilla. Ring in the New Year at The Waterside at Cuscowilla on Lake Oconee for its New Year's Eve celebration! Dinner reservations begin at 6:30 p.m., Michael Blair starts the party at 9 p.m., the year 2014 begins at 12 a.m. and a complimentary breakfast is served at 1 a.m. New Year special offers include The Midnight Kiss: dinner for two and overnight accommodations, The Resolution: dinner and cover charge and a four course prix fixe dinner, and The Ball Dropper: cover charge without dinner. Members only RSVP October 11-November 5, open to public starting November 5. For more information call Michelle Rice at 706-485-3168.
January 14 & 16:
- Basket Weaving. Basket Weaving for Adults from 4 - 6 p.m. Instructor Deb Ricks will teach a basket weaving class and you'll be able to take home your own basket after only two classes! Class price is TBD but materials will be included. Class will meet in the Art Room of The Plaza Arts Center. Students must pre-register so that materials can be ordered. No same day registration is allowed. For more information and to enroll, www.theplazaartscenter.com or call 706-923-1655.
- War Bonds, Stories & Letters from WWII. 8 p.m. at The Plaza Arts Center. War Bonds is a musical journey through a war that redefined the world. This multi-media living history cabaret is interspersed with personal letters from the front and headline news of the period. If you have any family letters from WWII, please make a copy for The Plaza and your letters may be read on stage. Please have letters to The Plaza by January 15th. Tickets are general admission at $10 each. To purchase tickets call The Plaza at 706-923-1655 or visit www.theplazaartscenter.com.
- California Dreaming. California Dreaming at 7:30 p.m. at The Plaza Arts Center. California Dreaming celebrates that brief magical moment in the mid-'60s and early '70s when American youth migrated to California by the millions and transformed pop culture forever. When well-groomed folk musicians grew out their hair and plugged in their Fenders and Rickenbackers, the radio began to sizzle with tight harmonies and dreamy lyrics. The show features the music of groups like the Mamas and Papas, The Beach Boys, The 5th Dimension, The Byrds and Crosby, Stills & Nash. To purchase tickets call The Plaza at 706-923-1655 or visit www.theplazaartscenter.com.
February: 14 & 15:
- Reynolds Chorus. 7:30 p.m. at The Plaza Arts Center. Fall in love all over again as The Reynolds Chorus serenades you with love songs from the '40's-'90's! You can purchase tickets from any member of the chorus and in person at The Plaza Arts Center, 706-923-1655 or visit www.theplazaartscenter.com.
- Three Billy Goats Gruff. 6:30 p.m. at The Plaza Arts Center. Bit 'N Pieces GIANT Puppetry is returning to The Plaza, this time bringing the Children's Classic, Three Billy Goats Gruff! Kids will "Oooo and Ahhh" at these wonderful characters... some of them 8 feet tall! Tickets are General Admission at $10 each. To purchase tickets contact The Plaza Arts Center, 706-923-1655 or visit www.theplazaartscenter.com.
- Bo Bice. Bo Bice at 7:30 p.m. Arguably one of the best seasons of American Idol was when the top two were Carrie Underwood and Bo Bice! Known for his diverse vocal abilities, the songs Bo Bice is writing these days have put him in a new spot musically. "My next record will continue to reflect my love of my country, my family' my faith and the emotional journey I'm on," he said during a recent interview from a recording studio behind his home that he shares with his wife and three young children. "I moved my family to Nashville six years ago and that change is now reflected in my music." To purchase tickets, contact The Plaza Arts Center, 706-923-1655 or visit www.theplazaartscenter.com.