- FIRE AND ICE FESTIVAL: Join Eatonton Mainstreet at the Cotton Warehouse/City Center Stage from 4:00pm-8:00pm to watch Ice sculptors and fire jugglers perform. There will also be educational demonstrations. Free and fun for the whole family!
- MADISON'S 16TH ANNUAL ANTIQUES SHOW AND SALE: The show will kick off on February 23 from 6pm-9pm with a preview and early buying party. The event will continue until February 25. Designated "Best Little Antiques Show in America" by Maine Antique Digest.
Held at the Madison-Morgan Cultural Center Hall.
- DIAMOND MASQUERADE: A Mardi Gras Gala presented by the Steffen Thomas Museum of Art. Held at the Madison Tea Room on Saturday, February 25, this event will be a night of cocktails, dinner, and dancing. Tickets required. Call 706.342.7557.
- THE GEORGIA TINY HOUSE FESTIVAL: Fwill be an exciting fun-filled weekend of Tiny House and Micro-living exhibits; speakers, workshops, and presentations; all types of vendors; entertainment and activities for both adults and children; and onsite camping for vendors and attendees alike. Event starts Friday at 5:00pm at the Oooh La La Lavender Farm in Eatonton.
- SEUSS ON THE LOOSEFESTIVAL/FUN RUN: Join the Ferst Foundation for their annual festival at the Putnam County Primary School located on Glenwood Springs Rd. The Fun Run, starting at 9AM, will be extra fun for everyone, as participants are encouraged to dress in character. The festival itself will run from 10am-12pm and will feature booths from 20 local organizations, all with free giveaways!
- BELA FLECK & ABIGAIL WASHBURN CONCERT: Head to the Madison-Morgan Cultural Center on March 4 for a performance by Bela Fleck and Abigail Washburn.
- LAKE OCONEE FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL: is held each year in the heart of Georgia’s Lake Country at the Ritz Carlton Resort. The event showcases the region’s most popular fare paired with an extensive wine selection, and features live entertainment along with the area’s best silent and live auctions.
- THE MASTERS TOURNAMENT IN AUGUSTA: Rooms available in Georgia’s Lake Country!
- COMMUNITY EASTER EGG HUNT: from 10am-12pm at Putnam County Recreation Department, located at 140 Recreation Park Rd, Eatonton, GA.
- SOUTHLAND JUBILEE
- MADISON-FEST: Enjoy a day outside in Madison’s beautiful Town Park. This free day-long event held on April 22 features solutions for living a “greener” life. Enjoy live music, plants for sale, and amazing arts and crafts.
- BRAG SPRING TUNE UP: Join us for this Spring Tune-Up Ride to clear the cobwebs off your bicycle and shake the winter right out of your legs. Come see what makes the Bicycle Ride Across Georgia so special. It’s much more than just another bike ride. Ride for a day or for the entire 3-day weekend. Madison is located on Georgia’s Antebellum Trail and the town has plenty to enjoy while you’re giving your legs a rest! Mark your calendar for this event which begins on April 21 and ends April 23.
- SWEET TEA OFF GOLF TOURNAMENT: will be held at Cuscowilla on Lake Oconee, a members only course.The shotgun start will occur promptly at 12:30pm. Teams of 4 $1200 or $1080 if you pay before Feb 1, Individual Players $300, Sponsorship options from $125-$5,000. For more information about registering to play or sponsoring this event, please contact Kaitlyn Parham at (706) 485-7701 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- MADISON-MORGAN CULTURAL CENTER CELEBRATES ITS 40TH YEAR: wOn April 28 from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm the center examines the creation, history, and evolution of the MCC.
- TURTLE ISLAND QUARTLET AT THE MADISON-MORGAN CULTURAL CENTER: On May 5, come witness the extraordinary talents of jazz pianist, Cyrus Chestnut and the Grammy winning Turtle Island Quartet. mmcc-arts.org
- MADISON SPRING TOUR OF HOMES & GARDENS: Southern history comes alive at the annual Madison in May Spring Tour on Homes & Gardens! Our Spring tour features private homes and gardens plus historic churches dating from the early 1800s into the 1900s, with the same houses and churches open all three days. Don’t miss it on May 5-6.
- DERBY DAY: Don’t miss this annual favorite fundraiser to benefit the Madison-Morgan Conservancy. On May 6 from 4:30-9:00 pm enjoy a live viewing of the Kentucky Derby, Derby supper, and bourbon tastings along with a live auction.
- ATLANTA SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA AT THE MADISON-MORGAN CULTURAL CENTER: On May 7 the ASO will be making a special visit to the MMCC to pay tribute to their 40 year anniversary. Enjoy this musical journey, which will travel through three Capitols of Europe: Vienna, Paris, and London. mmcc-arts.org
- CRUISE-IN CAR SHOW: Attend a Friday night Cruise-In car show in downtown Madison Hosted by the Country Road Cruisers, the festivities will begin at 6pm on May 12. More information can be found at www.madisonga.com
- THE RUTLEDGE COUNTY FAIR: The Rutledge Country Fair, 9am – 4pm For more information, visit www.smallbutspecial.info www.smallbutspecial.info
- PICKIN' ON THE GREENE
- ANNUAL INDEPENDENCE DAY CONCERT & PICNIC: The Madison-Morgan Cultural Center presents its Annual Independence Day Concert and Picnic on July 3, 2017 at 7:00 PM. A presentation of the Colors followed by a FREE patriotic concert. Bring a picnic, tables and chairs and join the family and friends on the front lawn of the Cultural Center for a favorite annual event in Madison.
- FIREFLY FESTIVAL FRIDAY FROLIC - TOWN PARK: Join us on July 28 for the Family Frolic - it’s "kids’ night" at Firefly. Bring the kids for a night of fun with stilt walkers, music, bubbles, face painters, fun inflatables, creative kids crafts, and family entertainment - all in the park from 6:30-8:30 pm. This is a ticketed event, kids pay $5 each, parents are free. Your ticket includes all activities within the park. Contact Main Street for more information 706-342-1251 x208
- SATURDAY TWILIGHT - TOWN PARK: On Saturday July 29, join us as we host a "date night," in the park with a free Firefly Twilight Concert. A dance band will keep the crowd moving from 7:30–9:30 pm. Come early to claim your favorite spot on the Great Lawn - blankets, chairs, and coolers are welcome on Saturday night.
- ROCK N ROLL CRUISE IN
- ANNUAL DOWNTOWN CHILI COOK-OFF: Madison’s Annual Chili Cook-off & Fall Festival offers something for everyone, fun things for kids to do, great entertainment and a new bigger and better harvest marketplace with a variety of handmade goods and locally grown produce. Everyone is invited to spend the day shopping and browsing the unique vendor tents, eating delicious food, and sampling our excellent chili while enjoying live music in Madison’s downtown Town Park. Teams will prepare their own special-recipe chili for a panel of hungry judges and festival visitors alike. Cooking gets underway early (everything is prepared on site) with the chili judging and public sampling starting at 12:30 PM and ending at 3 PM (or earlier if the chili runs dry). After 3 PM, votes will be tallied and Chili Cook-Off winners announced. For the general public, a $3 wristband lets you sample all of the delicious chili, plus you’re encouraged to cast your vote in the People’s Choice Chili Competition. The three top winners in the OPEN chili competition will take home cash and prizes. A Showmanship Prize will also be given to the best decorated chili booth. www.madisonga.com
- FIREFIGHTERS' FALL 5K & 10K: An annual fall run through one of Georgia's premier historic districts, benefiting Madison’s volunteer fire department. The course is an out and back - very fast, and run entirely on paved roads - through beautifully landscaped neighborhoods.
- ANNUAL BOSTWICK COTTON GIN FESTIVAL: On November 4th make sure to come to Bostwick, GA, home of the remake filming of the movie Footloose, and enjoy the Annual Cotton Gin Festival. The parade will begin at 11am complete with tractors and antique cars, then followed by a full day of cotton ginning, festival fun! There will be booths of hand-made arts and crafts and you’re sure to find your favorite edible treat at the many food vendors. Kids will even be able to play in the recently harvested cotton and the cotton gin will be operating all day long www.bostwickga.com
- DANCING WITH THE MADISON STARS: Boys & Girls Club of Morgan County For information, call (706) 342-1565
- LIGHTING OF THE TREE
- 31ST ANNUAL HOLIDAY TOUR OF HOMES: Step into a winter wonderland as you celebrate the season with a holiday favorite, Madison's Holiday Tour of Homes. With daytime and candlelight itineraries, this event is not to be missed. For more information and ticket information, visit www.madisonga.org for more info! November 30- December 2.
- HOLIDAY PARADE FOLLOWED BY CAROLING BY CANDLELIGHT: Bundle up, ‘baby, it’s cold outside’ - Join friends and neighbors for our annual Holiday Parade and Caroling By Candlelight celebration in Town Park from 4pm - 7pm. An evening full of music and holiday spirit brought to you by Madison Main Street. Local church choirs, school choral groups and bands, and community based musicians will perform holiday carols certain to warm our hearts. Performers will also lead the crowd in familiar carols to extend the holiday cheer. www.madisonga.org