- Madison-Morgan Conservancy Derby Day To be held at Bonar Hall in Madison. 4pm – 9pm. For more information, visit www.mmcgeorgia.org or 706-342-9252.
- MANSION SERIES LECTURES : DR. DAVID GOLDFIELD "IN SUMMATION, MAKING SENSE OF THE CIVIL WAR." Mansion Series Lectures : The museum continues its popular lecture series with intriguing lectures on regional topics and historical events. All lectures begin at 6 p.m. in the Mansion's Education Building and are free to the public. In observance of the sesquicentennial of the Civil War, the Old Governor's Mansion has partnered with the Organization of American Historians to bring four nationally renowned scholars to campus for a series of lectures focused on various aspects of the war. Phone: 478-445-4545
- HOMEFRONT AND CONFLICT: A FILM SERIES OF THE AMERICAN CIVIL WAR. Watch ‘The Conspirator’ at the Old Governor’s Mansion. This film series examines the American Civil War through films depicting various aspects of the conflict and discussion of the impact and accuracy of the images presented on screen. This project is supported by the Georgia Humanities Council and the National Endowment for the Humanities and through appropriations from the Georgia General Assembly. For more information, call 478-445-4545.
- MOTHER'S DAY TEA AND HISTORIC DOLL WEDDING REENACTMENT. In the late 1850's, Mary Virginia Brown, daughter of then-Governor Joseph Brown, held a wedding for her two dolls, Jack & Sue Jones, which was officiated by a local Baptist minister. The mansion will be recreating this wedding, and local girls and boys will have the opportunity to have their dolls married following the ceremony. A full tea, period games and tour of the Mansion will also be a part of this event. Beginning at 1 p.m. and admission is $20 for Adults and $15 for Children. Phone: 478-445-4545
- SWEET TEA OFF GOLF TOURNAMENT The Plaza Arts Center and Eatonton-Putnam Chamber of Commerce are teaming up and bringing you the First Annual Sweet Tea Off Golf Tournament at Cuscowilla. The event will include beer tastings and a beer garden for the teams. For sponsorship and team information please contact The Chamber of Commerce at (706) 485-7701 or The Plaza Arts Center at (706) 923-1655. Spaces are limited so hurry!