- WATERCOLOR PAINTING WORKSHOP WITH DANA WIGGINS. Allied Arts will sponsor a landscape watercolor workshop for adults Saturday, January 10, 2015 from 9:00 am. to 4:00 pm. in the Allen's Market Building, 101 West McIntosh Street, Milledgeville. Those new to watercolor will begin a foundation of knowledge about the tools and techniques of this medium. Students will build confidence by learning about values, washes, glazes and brush strokes. Prior drawing experience is desirable. All skill levels are welcome! Students will paint four different types of landscapes/seascapes during the workshop. Lunch is on your own from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm. The registration fee for this workshop is $72.00. Call Allied Arts at 478.452.3950 to register or obtain additional information or a supply list.
- PHOTOGRAPHY CLASS WITH DANA WIGGINS. Artist Dana Wiggins will be teaching a two day photography class Saturdays, January 17 & 24, 2015 from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm in the Allen's Market Building, The workshop registration fee is $82. The class will focus on the beginning photographer. Supply list will be provided. Call Allied Arts at 478.452.3950 for additional information and to register.
January 23 - May 3:
- HOME. A juried show with the Madison Artist Guild at the Madison-Morgan Cultural Center. A multimedia art exhibit showcasing individual artists’ unique interpretation of the concept of HOME. For more info 706-342-4743 or www.mmcc-arts.org.
- A CONCERT BENEFITING FIRST CALL PREGNANCY CENTER IN GREENSBORO. This event features top level artists that are showcased in a unique atmosphere of the 4,000 sq. ft. barn at Crooked Pines Farm. It truly is a unique venue which is only fitting to host unique events which is what you will find on Jan. 24 call (706) 347-0274 or visit www.crookedpinesfarm.com
- MANSION SERIES LECTURES : DR. THAVOLIA GLYMPH, "WOMEN, SLAVERY, AND THE HOMEFRONT" Mansion Series Lectures : The museum continues its popular lecture series with intriguing lectures on regional topics and historical events. All lectures begin at 6 p.m. in the Old Governor’s Mansion's Education Building and are free to the public.
- CLIMB THE BRANCHES OF YOUR FAMILY TREE. Climb the branches of your family tree with Georgia's Old Capital Museum and archivist, Sue VerHoef, from the Atlanta History Center. Life in the Past Lane: Beginning Genealogy from 10:30 a.m. - noon. Box Lunch: Noon - 1 p.m. The Armchair Genealogist: Ancestry.com, FamilySearch.org from 1 - 2:30 p.m. Admission: $50 for Museum Members, $55 for Non-Members (Includes lunch). For more information, call 478-453-1803.
- AS SEEN ON SEASON 4 OF "THE SING-OFF". This 5 person performance is one that cannot be missed. They are based out of Orlando, Fl. and will be traveling to The Plaza Arts Center on Jan. 31 to perform their own incredible brand of entertainment. VoicePlay is unlike any theatrical experience available today! The 5 men generate sound of an entire musical production with nothing but their mouths. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. For more information visit www.ThePlazaArtsCenter.com
January 31 - February 7:
- ZENTANGLE DRAWING. Times: 9 a.m. – noon. Zentangle is a creative art form that everyone can enjoy. If you are a doodler, you are halfway there. Zentangle requires only a pencil, paper and a pen. Frances Drummond will teach how to take intuitive drawings and turn them into unique one of a kind pieces of art. Decorative and functional art projects will be presented. The Zentangle method is an easy to learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. Join the class of this new art form and learn Zentangle. There will be a $10.00 supply fee. The instructor for this class will be Frances Drummond. Class will meet both Saturdays, January 31 and February 7, 2015. Admission: $65. For more information, call 478-452-3950.