- FAIRYTALE FESTIVAL Little Scholars Academy is hosting a Fairytale Festival! It will be a fairytale themed event with games, arts and crafts, character meet and greet, pirate/princess makeover, royal carriage rides, face paintings, bounce houses, food, music, petting zoo and more! For more information call The Little Scholars Academy at (706) 817-8013
- THE REAL BUCKHEAD ROAD RACE 5K – WALKERS WELCOMED For more information, visit www.classicraceservices.com
- THE MASTERS TOURNAMENT IN AUGUSTA Rooms available in Georgia’s Lake Country!
- BRAG SPRING TUNE-UP Join us for this Spring Tune-Up Ride to clear the cobwebs off your bicycle and shake the winter right out of your legs. Come see what makes the Bicycle Ride Across Georgia so special. It’s much more than just another bike ride. Ride for a day or for the entire 3-day weekend. Madison is located on Georgia’s Antebellum Trail and the town has plenty to enjoy while you’re giving your legs a rest! www.brag.org/stu2.html
April 17, 18, 24, 25 at 7:30 & April 19 at 3:00:
- PAPA PRESENTS HARVEY BY MARY CHASE. Elwood P. Dowd is an affable man who claims to have an unseen (and presumably imaginary) friend Harvey - whom Elwood describes as a six-foot, three-and-one-half-inch tall pooka resembling an anthropomorphic rabbit. Elwood introduces Harvey to everyone he meets. His social-climbing sister, Veta, increasingly finds his eccentric behavior embarrassing. She decides to have him committed to a sanitarium to spare her and her daughter Myrtle Mae from future embarrassment. When they arrive at the sanitarium, a comedy of errors ensues. For more information visit www.ThePlazaArtsCenter.com
- MANSION SERIES LECTURES : DR. STEPHEN BERRY, "USING CIVIL WAR IMAGES IN THE CLASSROOM". Mansion Series Lectures : The museum continues its popular lecture series with intriguing lectures on regional topics and historical events. All lectures begin at 6 p.m. in the Mansion's Education Building and are free to the public. In observance of the sesquicentennial of the Civil War, the Old Governor's Mansion has partnered with the Organization of American Historians to bring four nationally renowned scholars to campus for a series of lectures focused on various aspects of the war. Phone: 478-445-4545
- MADISONFEST AT TOWN PARK An outdoor festival in historic, downtown Madison GA features garden and craft vendors, food, live music and creative activities for children. Spend the day interacting with local and regional visitors interested in shopping for hard-to-find perennials and heirloom plants, and eager to browse a wide variety of handcrafted wares created by talented regional artists. 10am – 4pm; www.mainstreetmadisonga.com
- MUSIC AT THE MANSION. In partnership with the Georgia College Department of Music, the Old Governor's Mansion will host a concert featuring various university ensembles. This will be a "picnic pops" event, so bring your food, blanket and enjoy an evening of wonderful music. Donations will be accepted and all proceeds benefit music scholarships and the Old Governor's Mansion. Begins at 6 p.m.
April 30 - May 2:
- MADISON SPRING TOUR OF HOMES & GARDENS Southern history comes alive at the annual Madison in May Spring Tour on Homes & Gardens! Our Spring Tour features private homes and gardens plus historic churches dating from the early 1800s into the 1900s, with the same houses and churches open all three days. For more information, call 706-342-4743 or visit www.mmcc-arts.org